This beautiful do-it-yourself (DIY) organic Hot Air Balloon design is perfect for baby showers, children's parties, New Year's parties and many more celebrations. A DIY Hot Air Balloon uses an air-filled 24 or 36-inch latex balloon as its centre. Multiple-sized latex balloons are glued onto the larger latex balloon until it is no longer visible.
- A 24 or 36-inch white or clear balloon
- Multiple latex balloons
- 4 Broomsticks or poles
- A cardboard box or a bin
- Wrapping paper
- Hot Glue Gun
- Gorilla Glue, E6000 Glue, or a very strong super glue
- Air-fill a 24 or-36 inch latex balloon and hang from a stand or ceiling if possible. If it is not possible, the balloon can just be placed on the floor.
- Air inflate A LOT of balloons to approximately 9 inches and tie into pairs.
- Using a low-temperature glue gun, attach pairs onto the entirety of the larger latex balloon. Make sure both the top and the bottom are covered.
- Using smaller inflated balloons, approximately 5 inches, fill the gaps until you can no longer see the larger balloon from step 1 and set aside.
- Adhere four balloon sticks to the corners of a topless box using a strong adhesive such as Gorilla Glue. The glue should be placed along the side of the broom that is going to be attached to the box, as well as at the bottom of the broomstick.
- If you are using a cardboard box, make sure that the wings are removed and that the box has been wrapped in decorative paper.
- Add accent decor as desired.
- Place the Hot Air Balloon on top of the broomsticks so that it sits firmly.