Hi-Float – Balloon Shine
- Balloon Shine™, HI-SHINE, MegaShine, and Balloon Glow
- Shipping Hi-Float Priority, Express, or to Countries Outside USA/Canada
- How to Apply Hi-Float
- How much Hi-Float should I use in a latex balloons?
- How to Restore Thick, Gelled Hi-Float
- Hi-Float and Cold Temperatures
- HI-Float and Air-Filled Latex Balloons
- How much Hi-Float should I use in giant or Cloudbuster balloons?
- How much does it cost to treat a balloon with Hi-Float?
- How many balloons can a bottle of Hi-Float treat?
- What are the float times when using Hi-Float?
- What is the shelf-life of Hi-Float?
- Is Hi-Float safe?
- Can Hi-Float be used with foil balloons?
- How do I clean my Hi-Float pump?
- What is Hi-Float and how does it work?
- Material Safety Data Sheet for HI-Float
- Material Safety Data Sheet for Hi-Shine
- How to Make a Spider Web Effect Using Hi-Float
- Trouble-Shooting with Hi-Float
- Hi-Float Transport Bags
- Maximizing Float Times using Hi-Float
- How to Pre-Treat Latex Balloons
- Hi-Float and Altitude
- Hi-Float and 60/40 Inflators
- Balloon Glow
- How to put Confetti in Latex Balloons using HiFloat
Other – Accessories
- Floor Spinner Racks
- Balloon Valve Safety
- Balloon Hangers
- Hang Tabs
- EZ Safety Seal®
- Aeropole System
- Balloon Corral
- E-Z Balloon Disc™
- Clik-Clik Systems Inc.
- PVC Pipes for Decorating
- Gemar Balloon Tweezers and Metal Balloon Expansion Pliers
- How do I use balloon decorating strips?
- What is sculpting frame and how is it used?
- Love Frame Design
- Glue dots, Tape, Dashes
- Qualatex – Accessories
Ribbon – Wire – String
- Why Is Curling Ribbon Used for Balloons?
- What is the difference between lines and pennants?
- What is curling ribbon made of?
- Display Pennants for Cloudbuster Balloons
- Does ribbon effect float times?
- What type of ribbon should I use on a balloon?
- Dracon and Monofilament Archlines
- Decorating Strip Problems
- Marked Line by Clik-Clik
- LED Balloon Fun Strings
- LED Lights and Bobo Balloons
- Sizing – Accessories
Stuffing Machines - Accessories
- What is a Stuffing Machine?
- How do I order a Stuffing Machine, accessories or parts?
- Where is the Super Stuffer and Puff 'N Stuff made?
- Warranty on Super Stuffer Stuffing Machine
- How to Use a Balloon Expander
- Puff ’N Stuff® with Instructions
- Which balloons are required for Stuffing Machines?
- Why are Stuffing Balloons printed upside down?
- Stuffing Balloon Images and Colors
- T-ReX MK2 Balloon Stuffing Tool
- How to use the Super Stuffer Floral Tube
Sticks and Cups – Accessories
- Balloon Cups Safety
- Magic Balloon Wands™
- Do you carry cups and sticks for jumbo balloons?
- Balloon Bubble Sticks
- Qualatex Balloon Straws
- Saddle Sticks
- Micro Sticks & Micro Cups
- Maxi Sticks & Maxi Cups
- Yardsticks by Anagram
- Twist Lock Cups
- Which sticks work best with 9-inch air-fill balloons?
- Balloon Press Fit Sticks
- Micro Sticks and Micro Cups
- What is a straw stick?
- Stick Adapters (Connectors)
- Hi-Float – Balloon Shine
Aqua, Bobo, Bubble, Clearz, Deco
- Aqua Balloons
- Types of Qualatex Bubble Balloons
- Air Bubble Balloons
- Inflating: Single, Double, Deco Bubble Balloons
- What are Bubble Balloons made of?
- How to inflate Air Bubble Balloons?
- How long do Bubble Balloons float?
- How to Inflate Deco Bubble Balloons
- Can Bubble Balloons be reused?
- Double Bubble Balloons
- Are Bubble Balloons safe for people with latex allergies?
- How to Inflate Double Bubble Balloons
- Can I Buy Bubble Balloons Without Print?
- Single Bubble Balloons
- Can I fill a Bubble Balloon with air?
- How do I inflate a Single Bubble Balloons?
- What are Bubble Balloons?
- Can I write on a Bubble Balloon?
- What sizes are Bubble Balloons available in?
- What are the moisture packs in Bubble Balloons for?
- How to Inflate Bubble Balloons with Air or Helium
- What are some Bubble Balloon TIPS?
- How do I make a bubble cinch knot?
- How do I stuff a Bubble Balloon?
- Do all Bubble Balloons have self sealing valves?
- Can I use Hi-Float or Balloon Shine on Bubble Balloons?
- Do i have to fill all latex balloons used in a deco bubble balloon with helium?
- Qualatex Solid Colour Bubble Balloons
- Amount of Helium Required to Fill a Bubble Balloon
- Why does my confetti not stick to the sides of my Bubble Balloon?
- Which Bubble Balloons can I fill with confetti or other balloons?
- Can Qualatex Bubble Balloons be used outdoors?
- Endless Galaxy Sparklet Star/Blue Balloon
- Clearz Balloons
- Troubleshooting: Bubble, Aqua, Bobo, Deco, Clearz
Catalogs, Books and Merchandising
- CTI E-Catalogs
- Anagram Merchandising Guide
- Qualatex Balloon Images
- Q Corner
- Anagram E-Catalogs
- Betallic E-Catalogs
- Anagram E-Catalogs Decorating Ideas
- Betallatex/Sempertex Color Chart, Product Size Comparison, and Beauty of Colour Brochures.
- Northstar Balloons™ E-Catalogs
- Qualatex E-Catalogs
- ConverGram E-Catalogs
- Flexmetal E-Catalogs
- Kalisan E-Catalog Color Chart
- Tuftex E-Catalogs
- Pioneer Retail Catalog 2021
- Qualatex Balloon Magic
- Betallic LINK-O-LOON DVD Series
- Decomex Color Chart
- Kalisan Printed Latex Balloons 2022
- Gemar E-Catalogs
- Ellie's Latex Balloons
Decorating and Design Ideas
Decorating Ideas and Tips
- Doorway Tip
- Calculations to make a Balloon Ceiling
- How to make a Confetti Balloon using Tissue Paper Confetti
- Organic Balloons Design
- How to Make An Arch
- The difference between an apple twist, a tulip twist, and Yo-Yo twist
- DIY Balloon Hula Hoop Wreath
- Organic Hot Air Balloon Design
- Organic Balloon Walls
- How to Inflate a Foil Balloon Inside of a Deco Bubble Balloon
- How to make a Candy Striping (Spiral Column)
- Covering a Cake Board with a Latex/ Foil Balloon
- Creating Attachment Points
- Balloon Topiary
- Hacks and Ways to Recycle Latex Balloons
- How to Print and Apply Vinyl Stickers on Balloons
- What is a five-balloon cluster?
- How to Make a Loop and Pinch Twist
- How to Create Fire Flame Balloons
- How to Make a Balloon Curl (Entertainer Balloons)
- How to Tie a Ribbon Around a Balloon
- How do I make a balloon bouquet?
- How to make your own two tone balloons?
- How do I write on latex balloons?
- How to Pop Balloons for a Gender Reveal
- Double Stuffing to make Pastel Colored Latex Balloons
- Outdoor Decorating Designs
- Balloons By Jilian Diaz
- Decorating Ideas and Tips
General – Discontinued or Products we do not sell
- I cannot find this balloon/product on your website, but it's on the manufacturer's website
- What are Bunch-O-Balloons?
- SafeTite Discs
- Air-Filled Hammer Balloons
- Pagoda Box for Stuffing Balloons
- Bottle Toppers™
- Where can I find or buy a vagina or penis shaped balloon?
- Does Bargain Balloons Sell Party Decorations? (Other Than Balloons)
- Does Bargain Balloons Sell Naughty or X-Rated Adult Balloons?
- Does Bargain Balloons Sell Pre-Made Balloon Bouquets and Arrangements?
- Does Bargain Balloons Have a Hot Air Balloon Tour Ride Service?
- What is a Stand A Balloon and a Balloomit?
- Does Bargain Balloons Sell Inflatable Tents? / Pop up Event Tents?
- Does Bargain Balloons Sell Promotional Flags?
- Temporarily Discontinued Products -Betallic
General – Business Questions
- Do you donate balloons?
- Can I resell Your Products on Amazon, Ebay, Shopify, etc?
- Do you provide samples?
- Can I use the images on your website on my website?
- Where Can I Get a Promo Code or Coupon?
- Can I Sell You My Balloon Idea?
- W8BEN or W9 Form or W-8BEN-E
- Does Bargain Balloons Do Event Planning or Provide Decorating Services?
- Does Bargain Balloons have any holiday deals, specials or sales?
- I'm an event planner. Can I come in and leave some business cards with you?
General – Balloons Questions and Information
- What is the difference between a UPC, Barcode, and a SKU?
- How to Retrieve a Balloon from the Ceiling
- How do I get fingerprints off my foil or latex balloon?
- How are balloons measured?
- Our Bouquet Selection
- Choosing Balloon Colors off a Monitor or Picture– Warning*
- Where are your products made?
- Fun Balloon Facts
- Temporary Issue PayPal Canada
- Le Majestic Roses Decor
- General – Discontinued or Products we do not sell
History, Laws, Safety, Science of Balloons, Events
Balloon Laws and Safety
- Are Foil and Latex Balloons Flammable?
- ASTM F963 Safety Requirements of Balloons
- What is a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)?
- What Is the California Balloon Law?
- What are the consequences of releasing balloons intentionally in the state of California?
- Dangers of balloon releases and the law
- Are Bargain Balloons products marked with the European Economic Area 'CE' marking?
- Civil Aviation Bodies, Rules Regulations, and Laws for Manned and Unmanned Balloons.
- Pro Environment Balloon Alliance (PEBA)
- The Balloon Council (TBC)
- The European Balloon & Party Council (EBPC)
- Balloon and Party Industry Alliance (BAPIA)
- National Association of Balloon Artists and Suppliers (NABAS)
- Balloon Artists & Suppliers Association of Australasia (BASA)
- Pioneer Worldwide - Tuesday Talks with Ted & Betty
- The Toy Association™
- Canadian Toy Association (CTA)
- What is the1986 Cleveland Balloon Fest?
- Balloon Laws and Safety
Helium, Inflation and Equipment
Regulators and Helium Tanks
- Latex Regulator Instructions
- Dual Regulator
- Does My Helium Tank Contain 100 Percent Helium?
- Using Tilt and Push Nozzles
- Save Money with 60/40 Helium and Air
- How to tell if your helium tank is nearly empty?
- How to Remove an Inflation Nozzle (Balloon Inflator)
- What are helium cylinder tanks made of and what do they weigh?
- What is the Ribbon Cutter Attached to some Helium Tanks for?
- What Does Hand Tight Connection Mean?
- What Is an Automatic Sizer?
Conwin Balloon Inflators
- Snap-On Soft-Touch™ Push Valve Outlet
- Snap-On Auto-Fill Foil Outlet
- Snap-On Trigger Valve Outlet
- Snap-On Flex-Tilt™ Valve Outlet
- Snap-On 60/40 Helium/ Air™ Outlet
- Snap-On Bubble & Auto-Foil Outlet
- Conwin Workstation™ Countertop Inflator
- The Cube™ Inflator
- Speed Inflators™
- Classic Inflator™
- Conwin Air Force 2™ Inflator
- Conwin Air Force 4™ Inflator
- 10ft Extension Hose Inflator
- List of Conwin Products
- Conwin Product Guide 2022
- Conwin Distributor
- What is my Conwin inflator capable of?
- Premium Conwin: FoilPro and Twin Air Sizer II
- Infaltion Accessories
- Helium Equipment
General Questions – Helium and Equipment
- Helium and Helium Tank Safety
- How to Transfer Helium Between Foil Balloons
- Helium Cylinders
- Helium Tank Disposal
- How much helium do I need?
- Helium Estimate Calculator
- Air Liquid Helium Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- What is balloon gas?
- Balloon Time Helium Tanks and Kits
- What is helium?
- I have my own balloons. Can I come in to get them inflated with helium?
- How much helium do I need to inflate a 36-inch latex balloon?
- Are there different kinds of helium?
- Major Helium Suppliers
- Helium Shortage
- Benefits of the Qualatex Green Pump? #31095
- How to Dispose of a Disposable Helium Tank
- Regulators and Helium Tanks
- How to Hang/Mount Air-filled Balloons
- What are script balloons?
- What is an air-fill design?
- How to Heat-Seal Foil Airfill Balloons
- What are the differences between all the rose gold air-fill letter & number balloons?
- Where can I get individual foil letters in script font?
- Do you sell "BABY" in silver script?
- Mini Shapes Balloons
- Issues with Air-fiIl (Mini/Micro) Balloons
- What does 'Air-fill Only' mean in the product description me?
- Common Issues with Airfill Heat Seal Balloons
- Decochamp Starburst Balloons
Anagram Foil Balloons
- Anagram's Galentine's Day Balloons
- Inflate-A-Fun Balloons™
- Anagram Helium Savers
- Crystal Clearz Lighted Balloons
- Orbz™ Ornament Kit
- Magic Star™ Balloons by Anagram
- Orbz™ Pastel and Marble Colors
- Anagram's 2019 Licensed Balloons – New Release!
- Anagram Selfie Frame Balloons
- Crescent and Curve Foil Balloons by Anagram
- What are Satin Luxe™ balloons?
- What is a Twirlz™ balloon tail?
- Anagram Insiders™ & Insider Danglers™ Balloons
- UltraShape™ Balloons
- Anagram Intricates™ Balloons
- Anagram Drop-A-Line™ Balloons
- MagiColor Balloons
- Anagram Sitting Balloons
- How to make Anagram's Water Lily
- Anagram Eye Poppers™
- Anagram Doo-Dads™
- Anagram AirWalkers
- What are Sing-A-Tune® singing balloons?
- How do I inflate and assemble an AirWalker® balloon?
- I'm missing a part from my AirWalker balloon
- AirWalker Balloons and Helium Required
- MagicArch™ Balloons
Betallic Foil Balloons
- What Colours Are Question Mark and Exclamation Mark Balloons Available in from Betallic?
- Betallic Script Letters
- Betallic Mailbox Balloon™
- Betallic Product Types
- Fresh Picks™
- Max Float Balloons
- Megaloon Balloons
- Multi-sided Dimensionals™ Balloons
- Mighty Bright™ Balloons
- Linky Shapes™
- Produce Pals™ Balloons
- Woodland Critters™ Balloons
- Grumpy Cat® Balloons
- Convergram Foil Balloons
- CTI Foil Balloons
General Questions – Foil Balloons
- How to Blow up a Foil Balloon using a Straw
- How do I fix a damaged foil balloon?
- Wack-A-Pack Self Inflating Balloons
- Floato™ Photo Balloon
- Why do foil balloons have a barcode?
- Iridescent Balloons
- Chain link, Jumbo "0", and Letter "O" Balloons
- Why does a foil balloon filled with air stay inflated?
- How long do foil balloons float?
- What Is the Shelf Life of a Foil Balloon?
- What Is the Standard Size for Foil Balloons?
- Solid Color Foil Balloons: Sizes, Colors, Shapes
- Common Issues, Damages and Solutions with Foil Balloons
- What is the difference between packaged and unpackaged balloons?
- What Does Slightly Damaged on Your Site Mean?
- Why are UPC codes printed on foil balloons?
- What do the warnings printed on foil balloons mean?
- Are All Self Sealing Valves Found in the Tail of the Balloon?
- Do Some Balloons Come with Ribbon Included?
- Can I Add More Helium to a Foil Balloon?
- Can I Use Foil Balloons Outdoors?
- Should I inflate a foil balloon with interconnected parts differently than other foil balloons?
- Is There a Difference Between a Foil and Mylar Balloon?
- Tying Ribbon Around a Foil Balloon
- Solid Color Foil Balloons
- Are foil balloons reusable or refillable?
- Letter and Number Balloons
- Number and Letter Balloons Measurements
- What is a balloon with a self-sealing valve and a balloon without a valve?
- Inflating a 22-inch Globe Disco Strobe 4D Foil Balloon
- Baby Boss Balloons
- Why Are Some Harry Potter Balloons Not Available in North America?
- Why are some licensed balloons not available in some countries?
- What are the most popular licensed balloons?
- Why Can't I Find Balloons from Some Popular Shows and Movies?
- Dinosaur Train Balloons
- New Angry Birds Balloons
- What is a personalized balloon?
- North Star Foil Balloons
- Orbz Balloons
- What Happened to the Taper Balloon Colours?
- What Happened to the Starpoint Balloon Colours?
- What is the Qualatex Balloon Network (QBN) and Certified Balloon Network (CBA)?
- Do Starpoint Balloons Have Self Sealing Valves?
- Do the taper balloons come with self sealing valves?
- Mousehead Balloons Qualatex
- Discontinued by Qualatex 2019-2020
- Discontinued by Qualatex 2020-2021
- Qualatex Microfoil® Garland Balloon
- Discontinued by Qualatex 2023
- Unique Foil Balloons
- Product Information
- Oaktree Foil Balloons
- Airfill Balloons
- Betallic Latex
- Cloudbuster Balloons: Safety Guidelines
- Cloudbuster Balloon: 60/40 Helium/Air Mix
- Cloudbuster Balloons: Heavy Nylon Tether Line vs. Pennant Line
- Cloudbuster Balloons: Manufacturer Inflation Tips
- Can a Cloudbuster balloon be used in a gender reveal?
- Cloudbuster Balloons: Discontinuations, Colors, Sizes, and everything else you need to know.
Latex Balloons unorganized
- What is an LED/Light Up Latex Balloon?
- What is a Geo Donut balloon?
- What is a Geo Blossom balloon?
- What is a Punch Ball balloon?
- Do you sell Simply Trendy Messages latex balloons?
- Where can I buy Chrome™ or mirror latex balloons?
- Using Multiple Different Latex Balloon Manufactures and Brands
- How transparent are clear latex balloons?
- Are latex balloons reusable or refillable?
- Where can I buy/find alphabet latex balloons?
- Prank Latex Balloon Assortments
- Do you sell Betallic Graffiti latex balloons?
- Are the bag counts of latex balloons accurate?
- What is the difference between a premium brand and value line of latex balloons?
- Cannabis/Weed/Pot leaf/Marijuana Latex Balloons
- Q-Lite Balloons™
- The Difference between Crystal Pastel and Pure Crystal Pastel
- Peacock Printed Latex Balloons
- Decomex Latex
General Latex Questions
- How to store latex balloons and what is their shelf life?
- What balloons can be used for people with latex allergies?
- Latex Safety - Choking Hazard
- Are LED balloons flammable?
- What are the different types of assortments available?
- Water Balloons
- Reflex Balloons from Sempertex and Betallatex
- Do you sell matte finish latex balloons?
- Do you sell latex free balloons?
- What is a latex allergy?
- What are the warnings found on latex balloon packages?
- Latex Balloons: Issues, Damages and Possible Solutions
- Latex Balloons Solid Colors
- What is a black-light or glow-in-the-dark latex balloon?
- Using Latex Balloons Outdoors
- Latex Balloon Terms Used by Manufacturers
- Round Spherical Balloons
- Crystal and Jewel Assortment Balloons
- How Latex Balloons are Made
- Inflating Latex
- Kalisan Latex
- Qualatex: Robin's Egg Blue, Tropical Teal, & Caribbean Blue
- Do you carry royal blue latex balloons?
- Which colour of latex or brand is closest to hot pink?
- Qualatex Latex Balloons Colour Chart
- Are the balloon colours advertised online accurate?
- TufTex: New Color Sugar– Pearl White Discontinued
- Decomex Blue Latex Color Comparison
- Decomex Deco Burgundy Compared to Kalisan Standard Burgundy
- Kalisan Retro Mustard comparison to TuftTex Mustard Yellow
- Aloha Tuftex New Color (Fall 2022)
- Latex Stuffing Balloons
- Does 7-inch Chrome latex balloons come in an assortment bags?
- Qualatex Chrome Double Stuffing Brochure
- Does Qualatex Make 5 Inch Chrome Latex Balloons?
- Qualatex Double Stuffed Pastel Colors Brochure
- Qualatex Rainbow of Colours
- Q-Pak Twisting Balloons
- Which colors are in each Qualatex assortment?
- How to Inflate Heart Shaped Latex Balloons
- How to Inflate Geo Donuts and Geo Blossoms
- What is a Qualatex Latex Color Portfolio?
- What are Quick Link balloons?
- How to make a Qualatex Quick Link Rainbow
- Qualatex SuperAgate Latex Balloons
- Why does Qualatex SuperAgate balloons smell?
- Why does Qualatex not make 36-inch metallic and pearl latex balloons?
- More Qualatex Double Stuffing Balloon Colors
- New Qualatex Colors 2023
- Twisting Latex Balloons
- CTI Latex
- Contacts and Hours of Operation
How to Place Orders
- How to Add a Note to an Order
- How to Add or Remove Items from your Shopping Cart
- How to Search for Products
- Can I place my order over the phone?
- Can I fax In my order?
- Can I email my order?
- Do I need to open an account to place an order?
- Will you verify my order before shipping it?
- Is there a minimum order amount?
- How to Search for Airfill Balloons
Inventory and Stock Questions
- Can I get an email when a product is back in stock?
- Are online restock dates accurate?
- Do you have stock left? Product has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
- What does “Manufacturer Has No Stock” under some products mean?
- Can I special order larger quantities of your products?
- Why do some products not show restock dates?
- Product showed a restock date and now it does not or the date changed?
- What is the meaning of “Restock Date Chat/Email/Call”?
- Do we inventory our own products?
- Is your inventory listed online accurate?
- Can I place an order for a product that is sold out?
- Do you carry a product on another site?
- Manufacturer Restock Times
- How do I check when a product will be back in stock?
- What if I can’t find the product I’m looking for?
- Why is a balloon I ordered before no longer online?
- Why are so many products out of stock? Restock Issues
- Other Pre Sale Questions
Payment Processing and Payment Methods
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- My Credit Card Will Not go Through
- What is a CVV number?
- Do you accept Paypal?
- Is your website secure? Are you PCI compliant?
- Do you store credit card information?
- When is my credit card charged?
- Additional Charges or Refund I Do Not Understand
- Do you accept check payments?
- US Customers Only - Charged Foreign Transaction Fee When Using PayPal.
- Do you accept ACH payments?
- Do we accept wire transfers?
- Pick Up Orders (Southern Ontario Only)
- Purchase Orders and Accounts
Using the Shopping Cart
- I lost my shopping cart. How can I retrieve it?
- Cart ID- How to Save and Transfer a Cart
- How do I start another order without losing my current order?
- I started my order on the wrong website (.com and .ca). How can I fix it?
- The Importance of Choosing a Discrepancy Action
- Choosing the Pass Along Option
US Shipping Questions
- USA Mainland (48 States) Shipping Times and Costs
- Does Bargain Balloons ship to the US Territories?
- Alaska Shipping Costs and Delivery Times
- Hawaii Shipping Costs and Delivery Times
- Puerto Rico Shipping Costs and Delivery Times
- USPS Priority Mail Shipping Times
- Delivery to APO, FPO, and DPO boxes with US States AA, AE, AP
- American Samoa Shipping Costs and Delivery Times
- Guam Shipping Costs and Delivery Times
- Federated States of Micronesia Shipping Costs and Delivery Times
- Marshall Islands Shipping Costs and Delivery Times
- Palau Shipping Costs and Delivery Times
- Saipan and Northern Marianas Islands Shipping Costs and Delivery Times
- US Virgin Islands Shipping Costs and Delivery Times
- Canadian Shipping Questions
- International Shipping Questions
Other Shipping Related Information
- What is a shipping business day?
- What is dimensional weight?
- What is your cut off time for same day shipping?
- Can someone else sign for my order?
- What does misrouted parcel mean?
- What is the cut off time for Priority/Express/2 Day Shipping?
- How long will it take for my order to be packed and shipped?
- Do you offer Saturday Express Delivery?
- What are UPS and FedEx shipping service alerts?
- Do I need to sign for my package? I want to sign for my package.
- Do you deliver to residential addresses?
- Does Bargain Balloons ship to P.O. (Post Office) Boxes?
- Can we ship your order using your personal FedEx or UPS account?
- List of Countries We DO NOT Ship To
- Do you offer next day Priority Express shipping?
- Can Gridz be shipped Express or 2 day shipping?
- Do you offer free shipping?
- Drop Ship and Blind Shipping Orders
- I Placed My Order a While Ago and It Still Hasn't Been Shipped
- Does Bargain Balloons offer same day delivery service?
- US Shipping Questions
- Credit Cards Charges
- Tracking Orders
- Missing Products or Damages
- Address Corrections
- Customer Portal
- Other Post Order Inquiries
- Changing and Cancelling Orders
Dangers of balloon releases and the law
Modified on Wed, 24 Aug 2022 at 05:58 PM
Releasing balloons into the atmosphere is a dangerous hazard to the environment and here is why.
Foil balloons are created from a film made of plastic and metal and are not biodegradable. These balloons are also not recyclable and must be disposed of properly in the garbage.
Latex balloons and latex products are made of sap from the rubber tree, and this naturally occurring substance is 100% biodegradable. However, during the manufacturing process, other chemicals are added to the sap in order to manufacture the balloon, such as color pigments
A latex balloon will eventually biodegrade because it breaks down when exposed to the elements of nature. It will take many, many years for it to decompose. These balloons are not recyclable and it is best to dispose of them in the garbage.
TIP: Store your latex balloon in a cool, dark location to keep them as fresh as possible.
It is very important to make sure your balloons are weighted down and never released into the atmosphere because of the dangerous impact they have on the environment and animals. Latex balloons are especially hazardous to animals who think it's food and try to swallow or digest it. Balloon ribbons also get tangled around the animals and power lines creating power outages.
It is strongly advised not to release balloons that have ribbons or plastic attached to them– such as discs and clips–because they are choking hazards. Foil balloons are not typically used for balloon releases because they are more expensive, but releasing them is even more dangerous because they are not biodegradable.
The Balloon Council
The Balloon Council (TBC) is an organization of retailers, distributors, and manufacturers created to inform and educate individuals about balloons and proper balloon handling practices. TBC has balloon guidelines for children, youth, and adults that are written specifically for each age group but ultimately convey the same message and rules.
The council works tirelessly to educate
Balloon releases are typically used as a ceremonial event signifying the act of letting go. They are commonly used at funerals or memorials to remember a loved one who has passed away. They can also be used for celebrations, to create awareness, and for other purposes.
Please see How Foil Balloons Can Cause Power Outages for more information
- No person shall release or hand out helium-filled balloons within the limits of Yonge-Dundas Square.
- No person shall release any type of balloon within any zoo.
- In Toronto, it is illegal to release more than 10 helium balloons within 24 hours.
- In Toronto, no person shall release any balloons filled with lighter-than-air gases in a park.
- Do not use metallic ribbon on any helium-filled balloon.
- All foil balloons must be anchored to a weight that is heavy enough to hold down the balloon.
- Each foil balloon needs its own individual weight. Do not group multiple balloons to one weight.
- A statement warning consumers about the risk of balloons coming in contact with electrical power outlets must be affixed to the balloon.
- Foil balloons cannot be released as part of a public or civic event, promotional activity or product advertisement.
- Balloon laws do not apply to balloons used in government or scientific research.
- No person should knowingly release ten or more balloons filled with helium within a twenty-four-hour period.
- No person should knowingly release ten or more helium balloons within a twenty-four-hour period, except for governmental agencies.
- All balloons must be deemed biodegradable by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and must be hand-tied with a knot.
Nantucket & Provincetown, Massachusetts
- No person shall sell or use any type of balloon inflated with helium (even if not being used for a balloon release).
- No person shall release any type of balloon inflated with helium.
- No person should knowingly release within a twenty-four-hour period 25 or more helium balloons outdoors, except for governmental scientific research or meteorological purposes.
- Do not release balloons that are made from metalized nylon, metalized plastic, or any foil-like substance; or have any strings, ribbons, or other materials attached to them.
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
- It is unlawful to release balloons on town property, beachfront and waters surrounding the town.
- No person, including an officer, employee of the state or any political subdivision of the state, shall knowingly release into the atmosphere more than 25 balloons that are made of a non-biodegradable material or filled with helium except for weather balloons that are used for the purpose of carrying scientific instruments
- No person shall knowingly release, within a one-hour period, 50 or more balloons inflated with a substance lighter than air (helium/hydrogen).
- No person should knowingly release within a twenty-four-hour period 10 or more helium balloons except for governmental scientific research or meteorological purposes.
- All balloon releases are banned to protect land and marine animals.
New South Wales, Australia
- No person can release more than 20 helium-filled balloons at the same time.
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
- No person shall intentionally release helium balloons outdoors.
- Balloon releases should always take place inside with air-filled balloons.
- Other ways to remember loved ones or to celebrate a special occasion are virtual balloon releases, dove releases, floating flowers down moving water, planting trees, lighting candles, bubbles, kites, butterflies, etc.
- Balloon litter has steadily been decreasing because of increased education, mandatory warning labels, and disposal information on balloons and packaging.
- There is a severe helium shortage and balloon releases are a waste of helium.
- On average, balloons burst in the sky at approximately 10 km before shattering into tiny little pieces.
- Weather balloons can approximately rise up to 30 km.
- Clemson University has ended its tradition of releasing balloons at football games.
- Sea turtles mistake latex balloons for jellyfish and many dead turtles are found with latex balloons in their stomachs.
- The Indy 500 still releases balloons on race day as tradition.
Please see the article: Are latex and/or foil balloons biodegradable? How do I dispose of it?
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article